- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Zest of 1 lime and juice of 2 limes
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ small red onion, peeled and diced small
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Place the edamame in a medium saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the edamame until cooled.
- Steam the broccoli in a double boiler or steamer basket for about 8 minutes, or until very tender. Drain and rinse the broccoli until cooled.
- Add the edamame and broccoli to a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Add water if needed to achieve a creamy texture. Put the pureed mixture into a bowl and add the lime zest and juice, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and cayenne. Mix well and chill until ready to serve.