- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 4 ounces sautéed mushrooms (optional)
- Optional toppings: Tomatoes, spinach, salsa, hot sauce, microgreens
- Combine the chickpea flour, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, black pepper, nutritional yeast, and baking soda in a small bowl. Add 1 cup water and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Pour the batter into the pan, as if making pancakes. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of the green onions and mushrooms into the batter for each omelet as it cooks. Flip the omelet. When the underside is browned, flip the omelet again, and cook the other side for a minute.
- Serve your amazing Chickpea Omelet topped with tomatoes, spinach, salsa, hot sauce, or whatever heart-safe, plant-perfect fixings you like.