- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries (21 oz.)
- 6 cups frisée and/or mixed spring greens
- 2½ cups cooked and cooled wheat berries (1 cup dry)
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
- ½ of a small red onion, thinly sliced (⅓ cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Set aside ½ cup sliced strawberries for the vinaigrette. In a large salad bowl combine frisée, remaining strawberries, wheat berries, fennel, snap peas, red onion, and 2 Tbsp. of the mint.
- For vinaigrette, in a small food processor or blender combine reserved strawberries, the remaining 1 Tbsp. mint, and the other remaining ingredients. Cover and pulse until smooth. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.