- 2 cups rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice (tip, above)
- 1 teaspoon regular or sodium-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (optional)
- 3 unpeeled apples, cored and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1½ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 oz. dried apple rings (about 1 cup packed), finely snipped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl stir together the first six ingredients (through vanilla powder). Add apples, applesauce, and dried apple; mix well. Pour batter into a 9-inch square silicone baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. For best texture, chill at least 1 hour before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional apple pie spice.